Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
- Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo!
- Here at Sink or Swim Tattoos, we use Dermal Care Bandage to heal your Tattoo. This process has been used in Hospitals for years and recently has been emerging in the Tattoo Industry. Used properly, a Dermal bandage is THE BEST WAY to heal your Tattoo.
- Once your bandage is in place:
- Your new Tattoo is an OPEN WOUND, Please treat it as such and respect the healing process.
- WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE YOU TOUCH YOUR NEW SKIN with Anti-bacterial liquid soap, then proceed to wash the new tattoo with an Anti-bacterial liquid soap as well. Be gentle, do not use a washcloth or anything that will exfoliate your tattoo. Only use your hands.
- Gently pat your tattoo dry with a paper towel. Do not rub or use a fabric with a rough surface.
- The next 14 days: Rub a small amount of ointment on your tattoo.
There are many products we carry designed for healing Tattoos. You are more than welcome to ask us about any of them. We Carry: Hustle Butter, H2Ocean, Inkeeze, DermalCare and more
You may also choose to use an unscented lotion (with no alcohol in the lotion) whatever you know you’re not
allergic to. Always use clean hands and do not place your fingers back into the ointment after touching your tattoo. Make sure to rub the ointment in so that it is not shiny, or greasy - you want the thinnest amount possible. Pat off any excess ointment with a clean paper towel.
Do not use Vaseline, Petroleum, Neosporin or Bag Balm. Wash, dry and apply ointment 3-5 times daily, as needed.
- Do Not use any cloth bandages or pads as the fibers of this material can adhere to your open tattoo and hinder the healing process.
- Wear clean, soft clothing over your tattoo for the first 2 weeks - nothing abrasive or irritating.
THINGS TO AVOID:
- Do not pick, scratch, peel, slap, rub or irritate your tattoo.
- Sun exposure, soaking in pools or hot tubs for 2-3 weeks, after that, you should be using a zinc free sunblock
- Do not wear abrasive materials, jewelry or shoes that rub against your tattoo.
- Do not let anyone touch your tattoo unless they wash their hands
- Beware of gym equipment, wash it well before and after using it.
YOU CAN ALSO:
- Ice your tattoo to reduce swelling
- Elevate your tattoo to reduce swelling
- Take short showers
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us or come in to the shop to help you further! Thank you for trusting us with your Tattoo! We hope you had a great experience!